AppDB entries are being delete without contacting maintainer by Rozanne

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 15:34:40 CST 2009

> 2009/3/6 Klaus Layer <klaus.layer at gmx.de>:
> > Am Freitag, 6. März 2009 21:42:18 schrieben Sie:
> >>
> >> Well, Rozanne _is_ an AppDB administrator, hence the permission to
> >> delete those entries.
> >>
> >> That said, yes, notice should be given.
> >>
> >> --
> >> -Austin
> >>

> > He/she never gave any notice. I just noticed that several weeks ago another
> > program has being deleted by that person. Are there any policies for deleting
> > AppDB entries? Is there a way to restore the deleted entries?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Klaus
> >

> If the entries are sufficiently old I have a backup of the AppDB from
> a few weeks ago from which we can recover data if necessary.
>
> -Zach

I have not been deleting entries per se; I have on occasion merged duplicate entries using "Move child objects." However, I was unaware until now that not everything in the merged entry was being transferred when I did this. I apologize for that; I did not realize that information was being lost. It will not happen again.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>