AppDB entries are being delete without contacting maintainer by Rozanne

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:58:13 CST 2009

2009/3/7 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:
> Also, please be aware that entries referring to ReactOS, PlayonLinux and Crossover are also being removed.  The latter is actually biting the hand that feeds us.  CodeWeavers, the producers of Crossover, host WineHQ.  What might be a better idea is to state:

It's not biting the hand that feed us. We don't want Crossover AppDB
data in Wine's AppDB, just like Crossover doesn't want Wine's AppDB
data in their AppDB.

> "This program has been shown to work better with Crossover, please visit their web site for more details.  Please be aware that Crossover is a commercial product whose developers also support Wine."

AppDB is user-maintained. If the users said this, I personally
wouldn't mind as long as the rest of their test data was related to
Wine. I will not put words in the users' mouths.

I recently removed a few test data submissions where ies4linux and
PlayOnLinux were used. Since these are not supported by WineHQ in
other places (forums and IRC), I feel perfectly justified in doing
that.