[Wine] The pros and cons of a wiki AppDB

IneedAname wineappdb at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 7 15:07:09 CST 2009

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:10:13 +0000
David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep. That's why a wiki is nice. If you open it up to everyone to
> contribute, you'll get bad stuff but you'll get good stuff you just
> wouldn't get otherwise. It's a great format to capture that.

We would use the same system for edit rights that we use now.
Make appDB account then ask to be a maintainer then you can edit the wiki page for that app.
The wiki is only for application notes.
Anyone can read the wiki history.

Pro:
The only thing the wiki will do thats new is we will have a history on the maintainers notes.

Con:
It would be very hard to set up.

>I'm cc'ing this to wine-users - since I'd need to make a case for the
>wiki to developers, but it's actually *for* the users. Users: what's
>right and wrong with the AppDB? How useful is it for you? What would
>make it better?

Do not cross post or you may up set people with power.