String expansion (%n %t)

Rick Jones rick at activeservice.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 06:19:56 CDT 2009

Is there a Windows string function that expands escape sequences such as
%n, %t, etc, and which is replicated by Wine?

I ask because I have a Windows app that is screwing up because of something
like this. It has a private .ini settings file, and some settings are
stored in that kind of format, but when it runs on Wine they are wrongly
retrieved (this is a 3rd party app, I don't have the source).

It looks horribly like %n is being expanded to NL instead of CR-NL. If
there's a Windows/Wine function for this then I might be able to use a
native DLL to get round it, but I've no idea where it might reside! AFAIK
GetPrivateProfileString() doesn't do this expansion inherently.

Also if it is the case that the behaviour's different, then I would say
it's a Wine bug.

Any ideas appreciated.

Rick