Disabling File attachments on Wiki

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:24:08 CDT 2009

2009/3/13 John Klehm <xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com>:

> http://master.moinmo.in/HelpOnUserHandling
> Section "Disable a user account"
> The account is still there but can't post which would probably be good
> enough till dimi comes to zap it.
> Seems there is no way to delete a user account from the web gui
> without a custom patch.

You need to be a SuperUser to have that power, not a mere Admin. Does
that carry too many extra abilities with it?

Because the ideal way to deal with more malicious users without
hampering the good users is to give community members the power to do
the work, so it doesn't fall to just Dimi.

(I'm highly familiar with this stuff on MediaWiki, so am trying to map
concepts from one onto the other, which is probably not a useful
approach.)

- d.