wined3d: fix wrong FIXME-Message

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:48:43 CDT 2009

2009/3/14 Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com>:
> The if check isn't that correct either.
>
> If MAX_COMBINED_SAMPLERS >= 8 + 3 everything's fine too. d3d9 only supports 8
> fixed function frag samplers and 3 vertex samplers at max, so even if we
> can't use all GL samplers together, we're still fine if we have 11 samplers
> available for the purpose of this test. This should silence the frag=16,
> vertex=16, total=16 complaint on d3d10 cards

D3d9 supports 4 vertex samplers max, but that aside. In d3d10 this is
not a problem either, because you don't have fixed function there.

On that subject, I think it would make sense to have some flags we can
pass to WineDirect3DCreate() to allow us to make some assumptions
about what the d3d client library will/won't do. Eg.
WINED3D_NO_FIXED_FUNCTION in case of d3d10, or something like
WINED3D_STATIC_VB_DECLARATION for ddraw. This would essentially
replace the dxVersion field in IWineD3DImpl.