riched20: add tests for EM_FORMATRANGE

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 14 14:48:38 CDT 2009

Lei Zhang wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Paul Vriens
> <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Lei Zhang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In my last attempt, I submitted Troy Rollo's EM_FORMATRANGE
>>> implementation and with my test cases. I'm not sure what was wrong
>>> with the implementation, but the test cases should be ok.

>> Hi Lei,
>>
>> Pretty old patch. (June 2007)
>>
>> I just moved some of my VMware 'boxes' to my new laptop (laptop resolution
>> 1024x800) and I suddenly had some failures. The resolution that VMware can
>> use (with all those borders and the sidebar) is 1044x574. Running the tests
>> fullscreen makes them pass again.
>>
>> You can replicate this by playing with the screen resolution. The smaller
>> the resolution the more test failures.
>>
>> Any idea where I need to look?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Paul.
>>

> Is this on Windows in VMWare? I'm not getting any riched20 crosstest
> failures here at 800x600.

Interesting that this should fail on a VMWare workstation setup.  The
tests are pretty straightfoward.

Also, I have not worked on this due to other pressures of life.  Would
someone like to take this over and finish it?  This would solve a couple
of open bug reports and fix some complaints about text rendering.

James McKenzie