wine web pages update

Vít Hrachový vit.hrachovy at sandbox.cz
Sun Mar 15 15:42:58 CDT 2009

Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   I believe you the person responsible for the Wine web pages. If this is not true,
> please disregard the rest of this message and accept my apologies for this
> uninvited intrusion.
>
>  Previous versions of the wine web pages includes information about Solaris/OpenSolaris
> binaries and info about these systems. Now there is no mention about Solaris/OpenSolaris!
> For example, the first page says "Run Windows Applications on Linux, BSD and MacOS".
> OK Solaris is a commercial product but so is MacOS! Since I do release binary packages
> of wine for both Solaris and OpenSolaris at http://ww.sunfreepacks.com could you include
> this info in the download section. Also, could you please say something like "Run Windows
> Application on most Unix and Unix-like systems". This shows impartiality and is far more
> friendly.
>
> Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
>
> Apostolos Syropoulos

Hi Apostolos,
I can see no Wine packages on the link mentioned above.
Maintainers of Wine webpages could be reached on wine-devel at winehq.org.
Including wine-devel on list.

BTW. There are IPS packages of 1.0.1 for OpenSolaris available (1).
Recent Wine compiles well under OpenSolaris too (1.1.17).

Cheers
Hark

1)
2) http://pkg.opensolaris.org/contrib/en/index.shtml