[scons-dev] SOC Project Idea: Winelib-aware scons

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Mar 22 13:18:35 CDT 2009

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Greg Noel wrote:
[...]
> On the other hand, I'd wonder about viability.  It doesn't look like the basic
> winelib information has been updated since January 2005, although there's
> mention of a planned 0.9 release in September 2005.  That's more than three
> years of inactivity.

The Winelib tools (winebuild, winegcc, wrc, widl, etc) are actually used
everyday and are under active development as they are used to build Wine
itself.

What is not under active development is the tools to automatically
convert Windows projects / source code into something that can be
compiled using the Wine build tools. This is winemaker's task and André
Hentschel has been recently submitting patches to add support for
converting Visual Studio projects to regular makefiles (and I have been
slacking on providing feedback, sorry). The other thing that's not under
active development is the documentation.

But none of that should be an issue for someone writing a dsp/vcproj to
SCons converter.

                      Computers are like airconditioners
                They stop working properly if you open WINDOWS