[kernel32] Fix inf file parsing

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:09:05 CDT 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 20:44, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Paul Vriens
> <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> James Hawkins wrote:

>>> If you're unsure of the correct fix, you should write a test case
>>> that
>>> fails without your patch and succeeds with your patch.
>>>
>> AJ already put in a fix (similar to mine).
>>
>> I don't want to sound negative but you added loads of test cases
>> that still
>> didn't prevent this regression.
>>

> That is pretty negative.  Your comment implies that the failure of the
> current test suite to be comprehensive enough means we shouldn't add
> more tests, which is incorrect.  No test suite is ever complete.  Any
> change to the code that can be tested, should be tested, and there are
> very few places that can't be tested with enough ingenuity.
>
>> That's probably the downside of todo_wine.
>
> With my last patch in the series (which needs to be reworked and more
> tests added for), there were only two todo_wine's left, and they are
> unrelated to this problem.
>
> --
> James Hawkins

Sorry if that came on too strong. I'm all for more tests. My point was
that todo_wine can be a 'dangerage' thing sometimes (not specifically
in this case).

Maybe we should even make it mandatory that fixes for regressions
should be accompanied with tests, although I doubt that will be
feasible.

Paul