comctl32: Fix bitmap size calculation

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Fri Mar 27 10:47:08 CDT 2009

Aleksey Bragin wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2009, at 3:39 AM, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Yes exactly, however I didn't provide any testcase, because I just
> removed non-used parameter and fixed existing code. If someone wants to
> implement image list having variable width of each image - he's free to
> proof that Windows does this (which I very much doubt).

I'm afraid you are the one to prove the code in Wine is wrong. A simple test
app should do. I don't think we need a wine test that demonstrates that
something doesn't work.

> Anyway, e.g. Sib Icon Edit required ~ 30 Mb (something like 27 images *
> 13440 width * 24 height * sizeof(each pixel)) of memory for every instance
> to run (due to this bug). Now it requires only about 300kb

Fixing one app doesn't mean it's correct. Yes, there is an obvious error in
the image list, but you are not just fixing it. You also removing some
functionality that tool bar depends on.

Vitaliy.