Advice on where to place new private methods and access to private methods across modules.

Damian Dixon damian.dixon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:27:20 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am working on creating a patch for X11DRV_AlphaBlend to allow Bitmap's
with no DIBSECTION to work.

The code to do this is fairly generic so I created a new method:
DIB_CreateDIBSectionFromBitmap.

I initially placed this in winex11.drv/dib.c, however the method required
access to private methods in gdi32/dib.c.

I then considered moving the method to gdi32, however again access to
private methods seems to be an issue.

I would prefer not to duplicate code across the dib.c files.

Is there an accepted approach for acessing support methods across the
modules? or should I just duplicate the necessary methods?

Thanks
Damian