[1/6] WineD3D: Merge index buffers into base buffers

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:19:46 CDT 2009

2009/3/30 Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com>:
> -    hr = IWineD3DDevice_CreateBuffer(This->wined3d_device, &wined3d_desc,
> -            (IUnknown *)object, &object->wined3d_buffer);
> +    hr = IWineD3DDevice_CreateBuffer(This->wined3d_device, desc->ByteWidth,
> +            desc->Usage, 0, WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN, WINED3DPOOL_MANAGED,·
> +            &object->wined3d_buffer, 0, (IUnknown *)object);
You're adding trailing space here. More importantly though, the
wined3d_desc variable is now essentially unused. I already mentioned
on IRC a couple of weeks ago that I don't think changing the
CreateBuffer() call like this is an improvement.

I also mentioned that I think the patch is too big, I really don't
want to fix regressions in this. The patch can be split in at least 4
separate patches without trying too hard.