No subject

Tue Mar 17 14:04:44 CDT 2009

a customer service system that feeds reports into a bug tracker that
is closed to the public (i.e. for developers only). Wine is a bit
different because the bug tracker is open to the public. Why? Because
anyone can submit a patch; anyone can become a developer; anyone can
propose a solution or report a problem.

> Hmm..only critical bugs..now where have i heard about that..? :-)

Where HAVE you heard about that? Oh, I remember, when you *remove
common sense* from the equation, suddenly all bugs become either
Enhancement or Critical, depending on the level of arrogance.

Sorry, but we don't take our users for idiots. We assume they have
common sense, and so far it's been working very well. Ever heard the
old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Either find some
statistics to support your claims that bugzilla needs an overhaul, or
stop trying to "fix" a working system.

2009/5/4 Ken Sharp <kennybobs at o2.co.uk>:
> IneedAname wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 03 May 2009 18:10:03 +0100
>> Ken Sharp <kennybobs at o2.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> That would be the "Show Apps affected by this bug" link then.
>>> http://appdb.winehq.org/viewbugs.php?bug_id=3D16281
>>
>> Thanks I missed that so how but my first point still stands.
>>

> Not really.  16281 certainly isn't a major loss of functionality, no matt=
er
> how many bugs are attached to it.

Apart from the minor loss of functionality thing, I don't count that
as a "wide range" of applications. There's a couple of "different
version of the same game" there (demo vs retail), as well as multiple
games in the same series (such as C&C or LotR). Looks to me like a
"wide range" of applications don't use .ANI (which is a very good
idea. .ANI is horrible! :D).