No subject

Tue Mar 17 14:04:44 CDT 2009

a redesign which have caused the application to fail to install.
I would not weigh Perrys problem against mine(not that I think CSx are =
low-profile apps), but rather say that regressions seems to be more ok =
when the cause is a redesign, and not when it is a common bug.

I would not agree with that, though. This project is, for good reason, =
very cautious about accepting patches of bugs and should also be so with =
new functionality.
Now I am not aware of the reasons for the redesign, they might be valid, =
but I would still think that we could learn from this in some way.
If not a policy, but maybe some kind of way to tell the community of =
things like this happening?

Yes, the development versions are development versions in the projects =
view, however, the community treats them as real releases.
Come to think of it, the project does it as well. Bug reports regarding =
the release version are somewhat frowned upon. Isn't that a sign that =
major releases are a bit too far apart?=20

//Nicklas

PS.
This is especially annoying since I've just had a positive conversation =
with Adobe about helping out with providing a download location for =
atmlib.dll so that Dan and Austin could include it into winetricks, =
removing the last really unsafe step of the installation.
I just hope they don't watch the appdb. But then I am a developer, so I =
hardly notice frustration anymore. :-)
DS.