Giving up for now

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Sat May 2 11:55:17 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I've hit a bit of a wall with alpha blended icons. CreateIcon is working
fine for icon creation, but ExtractIcon and LoadIconFromResource etc.
are all proving more of a problem. All of these use various GDI DIB
functions to coerce the icon bitmap to the correct colour depth and
size. The problem is that preserving the alpha channel through these DIB
functions seems to be impossible because they go via X11, so until the
dib engine is merged (after hell freezes over) I'm not sure I can go
much further.

Joel