RFC on Base Wine Config

chris ahrendt celticht32 at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 20:56:47 CDT 2009

I have noticed something with reporting bugs and problems that are
encountered...

If the user is allowed to delete the Z: share to /  once this is done
things start acting strange or not working.
Many people have done this for various reasons.

My suggestion is to do the following:

1. If we have a base configuration that should not change for settings
IE the Z: mapping then do not allow this to be changed or deleted in
winecfg. If someone is dumb enough to go into the ini file and delete it
then they should know better.

2. If it is critical that the Z: or drive mapping be there for  / then
if its missing should wine then handle this condition?

Chris