Severity levels

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun May 3 22:25:29 CDT 2009

Ken Sharp wrote:

> Nicklas Börjesson wrote:
>
>> I think that the users should have quite a say with regards to how
>> important a bug is, because for every user putting in the
>> (considerable for a user) effort of reporting a bug, there are dozens
>> that don't say anything at all.
>
> To every Wine user, their application not working is critical.  This
> is clear by all the bugs that are logged incorrectly every day,
> because nobody bothered reading the FAQ.
You bet.  "The application that I reported, which has a perfectly good
Linux port, has to be fixed absolutely last week."  I've seen this in
the user list again and again.  It gets boorish after a while.

Let's try user education.  You only get to choose normal and we get to
up/downgrade until you can prove that you know how to do it right.  This
is how some companies do it.

James McKenzie