crypt32/tests: Print a better error if no Verisign root certificates available.

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Mon May 4 11:54:52 CDT 2009

> OpenSolaris doesn't have any Verisign root certificates installed by
> default, which is the problem there.

Yep, I know.

> Would changing it to:
> "CERT_TRUST_IS_UNTRUSTED_ROOT is expected if no trusted root
> certificate is available."
> be better?

I don't think so.  I think this test is a special case, because it
depends on your system's configuration, whereas the other tests should
not.

Part of me thinks the test could be removed, as it doesn't really
exercise any code path that isn't already exercised with the existing
tests.  On the other hand, if the Verisign root CA isn't installed,
iTunes will silently fail to start.  I'm not sure which is worse, an
arguably spurious test failure, or silent application failures.

> I'm working on installing Verisign root certificates on OpenSolaris,
> give me a couple days...

Cool :)
--Juan