Severity levels

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Tue May 5 08:22:09 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 02:39:28PM -0500, Austin English wrote:
> 2009/5/4 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:
>> One question:  Does Bugzilla have a place for user's to place the
>> Impact on their ability to use a Windows program?  This is much
>> different than the priority and severity fields.

> No, but it is not important for bugzilla. That information belongs in
> the AppDB, which allows for this, with the application ratings.

It'd be handy if bug links in AppDB allowed some kind of indication of
the problem it causes or at least the severity thereof.

I've got a whole bunch of bugs linked from Warhammer Online which have
really unuseful bug titles, causing readers of the page to end up
reporting the same things in the comments.

There's prolly an issue as well in the bug report naming, it seems that
Wine doesn't have a strong culture of renaming bugs when they've been
diagnosed. (Bug 13335 is a good example of this, I feel. A user pointed
out to me the other day that he wasn't running Warcraft 3 when I
suggested that it was the problem he was having. There's another bug
which refers specifically to Steam in the bug title.)

I've added a Note to the WAR AppDB page which describes symptoms and
ties them to linked bugs to try and alleviate this, but it'd be nice if
the disconnect wasn't there.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Marcus Brigstocke
http://www.marcusbrigstocke.com/pacman.asp

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/