[4/5] WineD3D: Work around a bad crash in fglrx

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed May 6 04:57:02 CDT 2009

2009/5/6 Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr>:
> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> [...]
>> I also *still* think us working around AMD's bugs is the wrong
>> approach. Of course it would also help if AMD took these kind of
>> things seriously, or at least replied to my posts
>> (http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=63527&postcount=107).
>
> Do we have a more formal way of reporting bugs to AMD/ATI? Something
> like a Bugzilla? Concerning this issue (the driver reporting a number of
> vec4s instead of the number of uniforms), do we have a way of checking
> independently of AMD? If so that would strengthen our bug report.

I think they're aware of that particular issue because Stefan talked
privately to one of their developers, but unless things changed
recently http://ati.cchtml.com/ is probably the closest to a bug
tracker there is, and I'm not completely sure they read that
regularly.

> But hey, I got a quick answer to my bug report to the Intel developpers
> so it's not always bad. Unfortunately now I'm the one that's slow to
> answer as I have not had time to test their proposed fix. But I have not
> forgotten...

Mesa (that includes e.g. the intel and radeon drivers) is generally
responsive to bug reports, as is NVIDIA. It's really just AMD and
Apple that are problematic wrt. getting bugs fixed.