Wine on Solaris 10 and SXCE

Vit Hrachovy vit.hrachovy at sandbox.cz
Wed May 6 05:40:04 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
>>> Is the contrib repository enabled by default? I haven't noticed it
>>> when using OpenSolaris...or is it new for 2009.06?
>> No, you have to add contrib repo manually. contrib repo exists since 2008.11
>> release.
>
> Ahh, thanks.
>
> Do you know if there's any plan on OpenSolaris's end to include Wine
> in its repository?

There are no plans to add Wine to /release repository by now (no ARC
case I'm aware of).

However, anyone can use SourceJuicer [1] and SFE wine spec file [2] to
contribute latest Wine release to /pending repo and ask /contrib repo
maintainers to update the package here.

*rumour*
IMO one of technical barriers preventing Wine in /release repo could be
  that Wine doesn't compile with SunStudio compiler, only with gcc.
*eof rumour*

Regards
Vit

[1]http://opensolaris.org/os/project/sourcejuicer/