Severity levels

Nicklas Börjesson Nicklas.Borjesson at ws.se
Sun May 3 11:48:46 CDT 2009

>To every Wine user, their application not working is critical.  This is
>clear by all the bugs that are logged incorrectly every day, because
>nobody bothered reading the FAQ.

Yep, but that's more an indication on how much work remains to be done on wine than it is an incorrect severity level.
If Photoshop(the eternal example) should stop working on windows due to a regression, I am sure the users would consider it critical when they report it to Microsoft.

But as the wine project progresses, severity levels will hopefully drop so that there will be more nuances.

I just think there is something severely when registering a bug that results in unworkable applications is considered a "normal" or even "minor" bug.
To me, that's sending the wrong signals about the ambition of the project.
Unless the "not yet suitable for general use" from the faq is everywhere with blinking warning signs.

//Nicklas