Shuttleworth on Wine

Nicklas Börjesson Nicklas.Borjesson at ws.se
Wed May 6 01:17:27 CDT 2009

I'd say that attitutudes might change, though.
For example, he is mentioning photoshop(of course) which I use at home under win.
It works great there.

There are only a few quirks with the installation:
1. it need 1.1.17 to work
2. a DLL is needed for the text-tool to work.
3. A winetricks has to be done.

When those things are fixed(I guess 1. is the most important), gradually more people will start using wine, hence acceptance will grow, and eventually even Mark Shuttleworth will come around.
If I were the leader of the wine project, the moment photoshop CS4 works all the way, that would be the basis of the next stable version(to avoid regessions to the highest degree)..
I believe that the popularity of wine(yes, popularity is extra important for a FOSS project) would skyrocket.
Then it would be a toy no more.

//Nicklas