Severity levels

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu May 7 21:51:18 CDT 2009

IneedAname wrote:

> Wine does have meta bugs look at the application data base. Each application has a list of bugs that effect that program.

I think that you missed what a meta-bug is in the Bugzilla sense.  A
meta-bug would collect all of the applications affected by a particular
problem, we do that by adding them to the comments area and closing out
the duplicates.
> Why Wine does not use meta bugs in bugzilla is because they end up being "Make my all programs work with wine! Now" list.

Either that, or they get abused by folks adding bugs that have NOTHING
to do with the original bug.

In any case, meta-bugs are not allowed in Bugzilla, period.

James McKenzie