New icons for 1.1.21

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri May 8 21:41:31 CDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that the icon discussion I started a couple weeks
back has born even more fruit, and I'm really happy with the current
state of the icons that I'm now using in the 1.1.21 Ubuntu packages.
I've attached them, and will be sending them as patches soon as well.

I'm still not quite done with them, and they will likely change a bit
after I get some UI feedback at the Ubuntu Developer Summit at the end
of the month, but in the meantime I think they're quite better than what
we have.

Unlike the ubuntustudio icons I found (and packaged with 1.1.20 as an
experiment), these should be a bit more visible (and fully
tango-compliant).  In particular, the stem of the glass is no longer two
semitransparent pixels at normal 48x48 size, but instead has a full
Tango border/inner brush stroke.

Smaller icons for the other standard sizes are being worked on as well,
however they have to be retouched individually to maintain the 1 pixel
border/brush stroke in the Tango style.  Eventually I'll submit a patch
for our website's mini icon as well.

Anyway, please feel free to give way too much feedback :)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie