DIB Engine : Almost 100% working

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Sun May 10 07:47:44 CDT 2009

Warren Dumortier ha scritto:
> 2009/5/10 Massimo Del Fedele <max at veneto.com>:
>> Massimo Del Fedele ha scritto:
>>> Well, after some (many) bugfixes and additions, the mighty DIB Engine is
>>> almost 100%
>>> operational.
>>> On one of tested apps (MSN Messenger) it behaves even better than original
>>> one :-)
>>>
>>> For whom wish to test it, bug 421 page.
>>>
>>> Ciao
>>>
>>> Max
>>>

>> fixed also last (hopefully) color format error, now some games, also D3D and
>> Opengl
>> ones work perfectly.
>>
>> Ciao
>>
>> Max
>>

> Which games are concerned? Also eMule here is slow when the window is
> resized, would this DIB engine fix that or am i wrong?

Well, I'm not a big game player, so I don't know how many games would
benefit of it.
I tested Age of Empires, menus with many texts are very fast now.
Arx Fatalis works, but I didn't make comparaisons.

On apps sides:
Autocad works like a charm, tested on 2005 and 2008.
MS Messenger 7.5 works
I didn't test Emule because (IMHO, of course) it's a nonsense to
use an app for which there's a perfect counterpart on Linux

Ciao

Max