DIB Engine : Almost 100% working

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon May 11 18:34:43 CDT 2009

Ben Klein wrote:
> 2009/5/12 Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org>:
>> Henri Verbeet wrote:

>>> Yes, but the point is that bugs filed against such a package are
>>> potentially invalid. (People should use git for filing bugs, but not
>>> everyone does.)
>>>

>> We already expect our users to indicate if they've done any manual registry
>> changes when reporting bugs.  This seems like just another instance of that.
>
> But they usually don't.
>
> As the Debian package maintainer, I won't bundle the DIB engine until
> it makes it into Wine release sources. I have the same policy for any
> other patch (including my own simple,
> definitely-won't-hurt-anything-but-will-make-things-better patches) to
> assist in keeping bugzilla *and AppDB* "clean". Do we really want the
> users to submit AppDB posts that depend on who packaged the binaries?

This might not be that bad, since the individual test report indicates
their distribution.  From my own observations of AppDB reports, when
users do things like winetricks or marking DLLs as native they tend to
include that in the report (or at least say something like "I used the
winetricks workarounds from the howto below")

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie