wined3d: Fix ATI dx10 cards max varying quirk

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue May 12 15:37:45 CDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 07:36:01 schrieb Robert Key:
> I fiddled around with the test and I was able to use varying vec4
> var_in[13] as a max in one array. 14 - 16 resulted in a segmentation
> fault and 17 resulted in glLinK failure error.
>
> I was able to create a second array of varying vec4 testa[3] though
> and it compiled successfully resulting in 64 varyings. I'll attach what I
> did.
Good catch!

Now it sounds like a genuine bug in the driver to me, one that should probably
be fixed in the driver, not worked around by us. Can you file a bug in ATIs
(unofficial) Bugzilla at http://ati.cchtml.com/, attaching the test
program(and probably one that crashes the driver) and describing the issue?
I'll then make Matthew Tippet aware of it if no ATI guy replies on their own.

Given the circumstances, I'd say to leave the bug without Wine workaround for
now. If we limit the varyings to 54 or 52 it would be incorrect. If Wine
keeps crashing, this will put more pressure on ATI to fix the issue. (The
best way to get things fixed is to break them)