Adding broken() information to the test output

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:29:44 CDT 2009

Hi,

While going over some just committed patches of mine I saw (again) that
we now have some tests that do:

ok(ret || broken(!ret), "call failed")

The good thing is that tests succeed on all Windows versions and will
fail if Wine returns !ret. The bad thing is that changes in the Windows
implementation won't be catched. If MS decides to change the return
value (in current or newer versions) we won't see this.

Is adding broken() information to the test output helpful? So, if a test
succeeds due to the broken() it will put out a message like:

<file.c>:<line> Test marked broken() succeeded: call failed.

I'm only proposing to have this in the output, not visible on
test.winehq.org (for now?).

Thoughts anybody?

--
Cheers,