wine-devel Digest, Vol 46, Issue 55

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:47:28 CDT 2009

Hello,

If it's clear the distro list is quite messed, I think the distinction
between Ubuntu Kubuntu and Xubuntu must be kept, because for install, Ubuntu
ships with PulseAudio and Compiz by default, which cause a lot of problems,
while Xubuntu is free of that and has its compositor shutdown by default.
Another way to get rid of that would be to add a few checkboxes for the
known problematic bits of the tests (ie. kind of GPU / Presence of
Pulse/Compiz / use of winetricks), which would result in easier work for the
bug triagers.

Anyways, I don't want my post to be a "severity levels" 2, so let me know if
you think there's interest in digging into this and i'll post on the forum.

Cordially, SD.

PS : this is the first time i post on this list. I'm merely an user,
sometimes helping other ones on #winehq and in launchpad. I'm also the
self-appointed part-time apprentice of the guru Scott Ritchie :p

--
Steve Dodier