[shell32] Improve the Dutch 'about' message box

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri May 15 18:32:11 CDT 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Reece Dunn wrote:
[...]
> What I would like to do is get an automated (or semi-automated) tool,
> ideally with a GUI interface to it. That would ultimately put the
> designer in charge. Hopefully, this would also mean that you have a
> base resource file that produces the English resources and generate
> the others using the standard po files - thus making it easier to
> translate.

Yes, handling the translation of Wine's resource files would be really
nice. It would let us leverage a lot of the po tools, especially the
website based ones. This would make it much easier for users to
contribute to the translations (right now it's pretty intimidating). I'm
not sure how to handle the widget layout though.

But I have just stumbled on this pair of tools from the
translate-toolkit packag (on Debian) that seem to be made just for this
purpose:

 * po2rc
   convert Gettext PO localization files to Windows Resource (.rc) files
   http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/rc2po

 * rc2po
   convert .rc files to Gettext PO localization files
   http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/rc2po

I don't have time to play with them but with luck someone else does.
Getting it going with Wine would be really great.

           Cahn's Axiom: When all else fails, read the instructions.