SoC 2009 / Application Test Suite Update

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun May 17 03:28:41 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> I've been working on the test suite. I've got a few basic tests set up
> with notepad, and I'm currently working on setting up the framework,
> using AutoHotKey to both run all the tests and parse the logs for
> failures/passing todo's.

You may have already had this idea, but today I was just thinking of the
concept of running performance tests alongside Wine's conformance tests.
  Your test suite would be a great place for that - just integrate
scripts for the various benchmarking tools.  Bonus points if you can put
the output from the benchmark programs themselves into some sort of
machine parseable format.  Then we could have a rough chart of
performance data on various things as development continues; in
particular we'd catch bugs that still behave correctly but are
drastically inefficient.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie