[Article] WINE and the importance of application compatibility

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sun May 17 19:55:45 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 8:09 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Sure would be nice if we could convince the DoD they needed
> a second source for Windows :-)

Maybe a big customer like the DoD would help but I am starting to
doubt it. The situation I face with my day job, is that we can't even
get support for certain applications in VMware. As soon as we say "we
have a virtualized cluster" they balk. And we are talking about
situations where we are spending millions of dollars on our software
and are going to be supporting it in house. With that sort of
reaction, it leads me to think we are never going to make major
inroads except for the end users at home or the people buying Linux
netbooks.

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards