News on Wine 1.1.21/MacOSX/XQuartz 2.3.3

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sun May 17 23:56:54 CDT 2009

"James McKenzie" <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Austin:
>
> Contact Mike Kronenberg or Zach Drayer and see what they currently
> have.

IMHO since they haven't even bothered so far to change the license from
GPL to LGPL to match Wine, and clarify what exactly is so much different
in their builds so that they insist on different naming (Darwine vs. Wine),
they shouldn't be even considered as partners to the Wine project.

If we could have our own Wine builds for Intel Macs, that would finally
help to avoid this confusion Darwine adds, and remove it from our Wiki
altogether (since it's apparently where the users coming to them from).

--
Dmitry.