News on Wine 1.1.21/MacOSX/XQuartz 2.3.3

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:19:15 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Roderick Colenbrander
> <thunderbird2k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Mike Kronenberg
>> <mike.kronenberg at kronenberg.org> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> (I hope I did not double-post, but somehow my mail from yesterday was eaten
>>> by filter-gnomes)
>>>
>>> It's not about being willing to, but plain lack of time.
>>> I follow this list closely and work on solutions as time permits.
>>> After half a year, it's been four weeks now that I am able again to build
>>> and test on a regular base again.
>>>
>>> There are other components on OS X that need some love, like the
>>> winehelper.app into which I'm looking atm.
>>>
>>> License and renaming is definitely on the list.
>>> I thought to revamp the package, once the winehelper is replaced, to not
>>> double do the work.
>>>
>>> As already mentioned, I build the dependencies and store them inside the
>>> apple .app package, which allows for drag'n'drop installation and removal.
>>>
>>> Having the dependencies as frameworks would be even better, as there is a
>>> lot of trouble with PATHS, especially if multiple environments are on the
>>> system, like fink and macports.
>>>
>>> But if the name-change is the most pressing issue, I will gladly do that
>>> with this weekends release.
>>>
>>> Mike Kronenberg
>>>

>> Could you also upload some docs / scripts on how to build 'DarWine'
>> from scratch? I have an app which I need to run on osx which I like to
>> package as well. I have time to help fixing osx issues (duplicating
>> the effort is not worth it).
>>
>> Roderick
>>

> It's available under 'build env':
> http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/buildenv-1.1.5.zip
>
> --
> -Austin

Thanks, I used this to compile wine 1.1.21 for testing purposes this
week. I had to update the scripts a bit (e.g. use newere versions of
some libraries and tools because the old ones are offline). I can post
a patch against the old script. Further don't ship the opengl hack
anymore for new wine packages as you are aware it isn't needed for
xquartz 2.3.3 anymore. Everyone should move to the latest xquartz.
This might prevent some opengl bug reports which I have to close on
bugzilla as well ;)

Roderick