DIB Engine : passing all tests

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Sun May 24 03:37:53 CDT 2009

Ben Klein ha scritto:
> 2009/5/24 Massimo Del Fedele <max at veneto.com>:
>> Austin English ha scritto:

>>> Sorry for the delay. New residence has crappy wireless internet, need
>>> to find a better solution.
>>>
>>> Anywho, I've still got a failure:
>>> palette.c:105: Test failed: getColor=00302010
>>>
>>> http://test.winehq.org/data/b175a43fb8439a33a686512935597d4c43c19733/wine_ae-ub904-dib/gdi32:palette.html
>>>
>> Yep, I've seen it.... sorry, I checked out just the bitmap suite.
>> It's trivial to fix, will do on next release
>>
>>> Yep, several todo's are passing now:
>>>
>>> http://test.winehq.org/data/b175a43fb8439a33a686512935597d4c43c19733/wine_ae-ub904-dib/gdi32:bitmap.html
>>>
>> too bad that the suite marks them as failures :-)
>
> Does that mean it's time to remove these todos (and make them full
> tests) or are they still wanted for the case where Max's DIB engine is
> not installed?

I guess not, wine is not passing them, and it won't pass most of them without
a proper DIB engine. Some of them are independent of dib engine, indeed, and
could be fixed anyways.

> I'm looking forward to this hitting upstream :) Have the architectural
> issues been solved yet?

Nope, and I think they will not be solved soon. Not by me, anyways.
I made my engine because I was needing it, but Alexandre don't like
its architecture, so it won't be merged even if, IMHO of course, it
could be done as an "alternative experimental driver" in parallel to
current winex11 one, which could spread its usage and testing a lot
more. But Alexandre didn't like that solution, ever.

Ciao

Max