DIB Engine : passing all tests

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:06:07 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:19 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> That's ugly.  Did you attempt to type in something in the Document area?

I've disabled all my Quartz hacks, the only thing sort of non-standard
I have is my custom FreeType with patented engine enabled and support
for SubPixel rendering turned on. Now that I think about it, that
could be a problem. I'll try another round of testing with that
disabled next.

Yes, it is MUCH faster rendering and scrolling and the like but there
are minor glitches with the font placement in the document area.
Notice how the word support and deployment overlap with the dib engine
and how the lines alternate color? The speed difference for editing is
like night and day. The header and footers for the document body
containing images renders fine. Installers such as ie6setup and msxml3
embedded images don't render properly, I'll try to upload images for
that as well in the morning. Bugzilla seems to be running quite slow
so I can't upload the images there. Comparison screenshots for Word
are here

http://steven-edwards.kicks-ass.org/~sedwards/Wine_1.1.22_Word2007_NO_DibEngine_OS_X.png
http://steven-edwards.kicks-ass.org/~sedwards/Wine_1.1.22_Word2007_With_DibEngine_OS_X.png

Since this is not likely to get merged in anytime soon, lets move the
rest of the OS X related discussions back to the bug when bugzilla
decides to stop munching on the pesticide. I'll try to file more
detailed reports as time permits.

Max this is wonderful progress, please keep up the good work!

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards