Problem with async. comm from Wine to a USB->Serial-converter

Henrik Jacobsson henjac at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:24:46 CDT 2009

Hi.

I just got myself a USB-GPS (GlobalSat BU-353) and wanted to
run SeaClearII, a navigation-program with it.
Turns out that Wine got confused when the USB->Serial-driver
wasn't acting like a real serial-device though.

The app does what it's supposed to do, but Wine consumes
100% of the available CPU.

After some googling I found a patch that resolved this
issue perfectly, and I'm curious why it never made it into
trunk.

The patch:
http://www.nabble.com/serial-04-04%3A-fix%3A-WaitCommEvent()-does-not-work-asynchronously--make-WaitCommEvent()-better-usable-when-TIOCGICOUNT-is-not-implemented-tc20980550.html

I only managed to apply this patch to 1.1.17.  Later
releases had changed too much for my non-programmer-brain to
cope with..

I would really appreciate if someone in the know could check
the patch out and if possible apply it to wine-proper..

Thanks in advance..
/Henrik