PowerPC MacOSX work...

mghughes at embarqmail.com mghughes at embarqmail.com
Fri May 29 04:23:16 CDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 01:49 AM, Ben Klein wrote:

> So you also know you can't run x86 apps on PPC platforms without
> emulation, just like you can't run z80 code on x86 without emulation.
> Also, where is this PPC code in Wine exactly? What source file
> exactly?

Files containing PPC specific related code:
	tools/relay.c
	lib/wine/port.c
	lib/port/interlocked.c
	dlls/ntdll/signal_powerpc.c
	server/context_powerpc.c
iirc: include/ntdll.h

Next contain code Macintosh/MacOSX/Darwin specific PPC/x86 generic
	dlls/winecoreaudio/*
	dlls/kernel32/locale.c
	dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c

I am sure there are other files with PPC parts too.

> Winelib would be good if you had the source code for your Win32/Win16
> apps and wanted to produce PPC binaries of them. Sounds like that's
> not what you're trying to do though.

The particular program I wish to run is close source.