DIB engine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 30 16:14:35 CDT 2009

Stephan Rose wrote:
> My ears perked up when the two words DIB and spec were put
> together in the same sentence. One frustration I encountered
> when wanting to contribute to wine a little over two years ago
> was that nobody seemed to be able to say "Hey, this is what
> we are missing/need, here are the specs, go implement".
> So if anyone can drop a full spec into my lap which outlines
> everything I need to write and where (given I adhere to things
> as I should of course) I won't have any issues getting that accepted later on...

I don't think such manna is likely to fall from heaven any time soon.
If it was that easy to spec, we would have been done by now.

If you're looking for something better specified, try finishing off
gdiplus.   That's a somewhat well defined graphics package,
and Wine's implementation has a few missing bits yet, last
I checked.
- Dan