DIB engine

Andrew Eikum andrew at brightnightgames.com
Sun May 31 14:11:22 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Andrew <andrew at brightnightgames.com> wrote:
>
>> My name's Andrew Eikum, I'm an undergraduate Computer Science student at the
>> University of Minnesota.  I contacted a Wine dev a few weeks ago asking for
>> a small project to use to get familiar with Wine.  I was pointed towards the
>> gdiplus section and told to begin stubbing out the missing functions, to
>> facilitate debugging.  After familiarizing myself with how Wine's DLLs are
>> built, and with Git, I'm now making quick progress.  I expect to have a
>> (huge) patchset ready in the next week or two with most of the gdiplus
>> functions stubbed.
>>
>> After that, I plan to begin work on implementing some of the functions.  My
>> degree's emphasis is computer graphics, so working on gdiplus will give me a
>> chance to learn more about the field as well as apply what I already know.
>>  I'm looking forward to working with other Wine devs on gdiplus, and other
>> parts of Wine in the future.
>>

> Welcome to Wine!
>
> Be sure when sending patches to break them into small sets, with one
> change per patch. It makes it much easier to review that way, and if
> your patch causes a regression, much easier to identify which part if
> it's in multiple patches.

Thanks for the welcome!

I am definitely doing small commits and following the WineGit wiki
page.  One concern I have is that the number of patches will probably be
over 50 or even 75 -- I'm not sure if it'd be better to submit them all
in one go as they're pretty much all alike (just stubbing), or just do
batches of 5-10 every couple days as I finish them (so it's not a deluge
of patches).  Any suggestions?