msi: Initialize string pointer to NULL

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Sun Nov 1 09:09:28 CST 2009

Hi Nathan,
>+        haystack_table_name = NULL;
>         r = table->ops->get_column_info( table, i, &col_name, NULL,
>                                          NULL, &haystack_table_name );
>         if( r != ERROR_SUCCESS )

  I'm afraid, but this patch silences valgrind only, but does not solves the
problem. It seems to me, that if table->ops->get_column_info() succeeds, it
initializes haystack_table_name, and if it fails, we do not use
haystack_table_name at all (we immediately return from this function). Thus,
the problem lies somewhere in get_column_info().

So it is useless (and harmful, because it confuses valgrind) to initialize it
like this.

--
Kirill