eventlog tests and writing/clearing the logs

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:35:01 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm mostly done with the parameter tests and I'm starting to look what
functional tests I can add.

The biggest issues I have are:

- Writing events needs to go a registered event source
- Clearing an eventlog has to be with a registered event source
- Registering our own event source can be done but needs a reboot to
clear out any remnants.

As we really want to test all of this, my proposal is to run these tests
only in interactive mode. Doing so at least gives us some confidence
that people know what they are doing.

Worst case, they will have an extra event source that can only be
deleted by removing some registry entries, a reboot and removal of the
actual eventlog file (the registry removal will be part of the cleanup
of course but you never know).

Any thoughts on this? Correct approach?

--
Cheers,