To error out or to skip tests?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Nov 6 11:25:28 CST 2009

Ge,

> to be honest I'm a bit put off by your aggressive tone.
Please accept my apologies. It was not meant to be agressive.
I was certainly disappointed by having submitted tests that
I knew worked on 3 real machines: w95, w2k, xp, then turn to
test.winehq and see everything red.

BTW, dsound is also affected: both dsound and winmm have had little
testing coverage despite the appealing green color.

>I'm simply not interested in sound
Please weight providing as much test data as possible to the Wine
project against your lack of interest in sound issues.
BTW, the default sound tests make no noise.

>Anyway, the end result is that there will always be ESX VMs
>that can't run sound tests.
Note taken.

The question remains:
a) turn sound tests red on machines without sound (with 1 error only);
b) turn them blue (clearly marking skipped tests)
c) turn them green -- status quo (for dsound.ok and wave.ok).

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.