The user32/win test crashes X on Intel cards

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Nov 8 07:31:35 CST 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> Here's my configuration:
>  * Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller rev 3
>  * VideoRAM: 256MB (according to /var/log/Xorg.0.log)
>  * xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.9.0-1
>    Latest from Debian Testing.
>    Debian Unstable does not seem to have a more recent driver.

More data:
 * Marcus is running version 2.9.1 of the Intel driver (and gets the
   crash).
 * Michael Stefaniuc does not have the problem. He is using FC11's
   2.8.0 version of the driver.
 * I tried Michael's FC11 intel_drv.so file on my system and I still
   get a crash. I also tried the 2.8.1 Ubuntu driver and got the same
   result. So the problem comes from some other part of Xorg or the
   kernel.
 * Michael is running the 2.6.32 kernel and I'm running the 2.6.30 one.