What to do when un-nominating bugs for 1.2

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Sun Nov 8 10:46:54 CST 2009

Hey Dan,

Dan Kegel wrote:
> In the gcc world, when a bug is targeted for release X
> and doesn't make it in time, it is retargeted for release X+1.
>
> So when 1.0 rolled around, I retargeted the leftover 1.0-targeted
> bugs at 1.2.
>
> Can we do the same this time, and retarget 1.2 bugs for 1.4
> if they're not going to be fixed for 1.2?

Alexandre expressed a preference that the bugs not be auto rolled to 1.4;
he'd rather we deliberately chose bugs to go into 1.4.   So when we
un-nominated,
we were intentionally returning bugs to the larger pool.  If that proves
to have
been a mistake (which it may yet), please blame me; I made Austin make
each change.

We were trying an experiment - a bug council to review the bugs.  I'm
not sure if
it was successful; the bugs have a great richness of information that is
hard to
digest and then discuss thoughtfully in a relatively small (2 hours)
period of time.

Cheers,

Jeremy