Another article that makes me want Wine to run in a sandbox

Gert van den Berg wine-devel at mohag.net
Sun Nov 8 11:12:34 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 03:55, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:40 PM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> You really underestimate the stupidity of people.
>
> I expect that people will do utterly stupid things,
> there's no two ways around that, it's human nature.
> That being the case, I think there are still opportunities
> for providing a safe computing experience without
> compromising the user's convenience.

Convincing packagers to recommend (not sure if anything but clam
supports this...) / have clamav as a dependency might help....
(Although it would probably help if Wine uses libclamav to scan all
files before running/load even if the clamav daemon is not running and
libclam is present...) (No idea what infrastructure that would
require, but it sould need a way to turn it of, etc... Also not sure
if that is something Wine is supposed to do...)

Gert