today's git broke winetricks gecko :-(

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Nov 12 13:54:51 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> as of today, "winetricks gecko" triggers the download
>> dialog box :-(
>
> The plan is that winetricks should not be used for installing Gecko. Users
> really should use packagers. People compiling Wine themselves should read
> this:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko
> If it's not clear enough, we should fix it.

Those users are already accustomed to using
winetricks, so I should probably make 'winetricks gecko'
implement those steps.  Sadly, that means it will have to
use sudo, which is kind of ugly.

I'm sad that this change happened; it makes things harder for
me.  I can't figure out why gecko is needed for, say, cmd.

Why did you make that change?

For now I've reverted the change locally until I
implement the sudo-ized gecko verb.
- Dan