Interesting Problem Building Wine for Regression Test

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 18:35:15 CST 2009

All:

I continue to work with Tony Rollo's code as presented in bug 6254. I've
found a problem with Wordpad's Print Preview between wine-1.1.10 and
wine-1.1.11 and I attempted to run a regression test and end up with
errors in makedep.c as follows:

makedep.c:21:20: error: config.h: No such file or directory
makedep.c:23:23: error: wine/port.h: No such file or directory
makedep.c:35:23: error: wine/list.h: No such file or directory
makedep.c:42: error: field ‘entry’ has incomplete type
makedep.c:53: error: variable ‘sources’ has initializer but incomplete type
makedep.c:53: error: ‘sources’ has an incomplete type
makedep.c:54: error: variable ‘includes’ has initializer but incomplete type

the list of errors continues but they are all related to the first three
lines. These files exist in the include directory.

What makes troubleshooting these errors difficult is that wine-1.1.10
AND wine-1.1.11 from the same git repository will build without these
errors.

What I did was:

git bisect start
git bisect good wine-1.1.10
git bisect bad wine-1.1.11

and I received the bisect message that there were 240 more changes to check.

I do have an idea what commit caused the problem and attempted to
manually backout the change, but the build also failed.

I diffed the configure line and found no major differences between the
configure on the build that finishes and the one that errors.

Any idea on what I am doing incorrect?

James McKenzie